Strategic Plan 2018
Toward 2020 and Beyond:
A National Vision for the Physiotherapy Profession in Canada
The Canadian Physiotherapy Association is in the process of identifying key goals and major priorities for the Association that will drive us toward a new Strategic Plan to guide the work of the Association and its components over the coming years. The strategic planning process will be organized around a set of key questions about challenges and opportunities facing the profession.
To answer these questions effectively, a variety of approaches will be used:
- A robust survey of physiotherapy professionals in Canada
- Consultation with other health care professionals and key stakeholders
- Regional roundtable consultations with physiotherapy thought leaders
What can you do to help? Speak up!
- Read the landscape paper
- Join or start a discussion (coming soon!)
- Submit a comment by email
We need you to let us know what you think we should be considering as we develop this new Strategic Plan.
Think about the issues you confront every day in your practice, your vision for the profession in the future, and how the Association can help us meet the challenges of the next generation.
Key issues confront the physiotherapy profession in the years to come. We’ve put together a landscape paper of background articles and literature that aligns some of these issues along three themes.
Read Kathleen Norman’s perspective on the potential futures of physiotherapy in Canada. She examines four key themes:
- Changes in patient expectations
- Practice trends
- The impact of technology
- Health care system reform
Fred Horne offers insight into how we can shape our future, looking at:
- The case for change
- Where we should focus
- Physiotherapy’s value proposition
- Health system integration
- Implementing our strategic priorities
Read the Prime Minister’s priorities for health policy in his mandate letter to the Honorable Jane Philpott:
fora new Health Accord
- Support for more community and home care
- Support for more mental health services
- Raise awareness of concussion treatment
Read the Advisory Panel on Healthcare Innovation’s critical areas for healthcare improvement:
- Patient empowerment
- Health system integration and workforce modernization
- System transformation via digital health and precision medicine
- Better value from procurement,
The Conference Board presents the definitive examination of demand for physiotherapy services in Canada:
- Current and future demand for physiotherapy services
- Growth in demand for physiotherapy
- The growth of our
- Competition in mobility rehabilitation