George Jeffrey Children’s Centre (GJCC) is a paediatric health facility in Thunder Bay, Ontario providing occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech-language pathology, social work, recreation, and behaviour support services to children and youth with physical, communication and developmental needs. We are currently seeking physiotherapists for the following positions.
1 – Regular, full-time (35-hours/week), 1 – Temporary (12-months), full-time
Working as part of a collaborative multi-disciplinary team, responsibilities include assessment, development and monitoring of treatment programs, consultation with parents/caregivers and other service providers, and assistance with resource needs. Travel within the City and District of Thunder Bay may be required.
Why George Jeffrey Children’s Centre?
· Supportive work environment and peer mentorship
· Collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams
· Paid education days and professional development opportunities
· Wellness and inclusion initiatives
· Extended health benefits, employee assistance program, HOOPP pension
· Relocation reimbursement
To be considered for these positions, candidates should meet the following criteria:
· Registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
· Proven ability to develop effective relationships with clients and members of an inter-disciplinary client care team
· Ability to collaborate with service partners, families, caregivers and other stakeholders
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Creativity and flexibility to provide service in a variety of settings
· Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a personal vehicle
The successful candidate will be required to submit a Police Vulnerable Sector Check. Knowledge and experience working with Indigenous peoples and communities is considered an asset. Bilingualism English/French is considered an asset.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to enrich children’s lives, while enhancing your professional and personal growth in our team-based environment. Passion for providing the best possible standard of care, understanding of paediatric rehabilitation services, and exceptional people skills are key to succeeding in this role. We encourage applications from qualified candidates, who share our vision of empowered and inspired children, youth and families.
These positions will remain posted until filled. Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume with covering letter to:
George Jeffrey Children’s Centre
200 Brock Street East
Thunder Bay ON, P7E 0A2
George Jeffrey Children’s Centre follows the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity. If you have accessibility or other requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know