Title: Eight Essential Things Physical Therapists Need To Know for Managing MSK Disorders
Speaker: Chad Cook
Date: Thursday, August 19, 2021
Time: 8:00 p.m. - 9:30p.m. EDT
Registration Fees: OD Members: $15 +HST; CPA Members: $15 +HST; Non-Members: $30 +HST
The webinar is designed to help clinicians critcally think about several aspects that may influence the recovery process of patients with musculoskeletal disorders.
Topics discussed will include:
- Factors that influence self-reported outcomes the most;
- Why minimally clinically important difference scores (MCIDs) are a faulty construct;
- Randomized controlled trials don’t tell you who benefits from a specific intervention;
- Effect sizes, and why they are so low;
- How and Why Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) influence health outcomes;
- What patients want from their care;
- What are the ingredients of value-based care;
- Areas of physio that are primed for medicalization and overtreatment.
At the end of this course, participants will:
- Recognize the factors that influence health-related outcomes in individuals with musculoskeletal disorders
- Understand research design nuisances that can markedly influence outcomes
- Synthesize the evidence on a number of areas of healthcare that are commonly misunderstood
- Apply strategies to reduce medicalization and overtreatment in patients with musculoskeletal conditions
To register or for more information, please click here.