Global Women's Health (for GHD Members only)
Student Resources (for GHD Members only)
Global Health Counterparts (for GHD Members only)
Disability Resources (for GHD Members only)
Scholarly Publications by Year (for GHD Members only)
External Global Health Blogs
Community Based Rehabilitation
- Lapierre et al. (2018). Physiotherapist consultant in the community: a role with a future. Physiotherapy Practice 8(1): 15-17
- International Centre for the Advancement of Community Based Rehabilitation (ICACBR)
- CBR Africa Network
- University of Sydney. Monitoring Manual and Menu for CBR and Other Community-based Disability Inclusive Development Programs (2014)
- WCPT Community Based Rehabilitation
- World Health Organization Community Based Rehabilitation
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) Grants
- CPA Congress Auditor's Desk
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
- Grand Challenges Canada
- Health Volunteers Overseas
- International Development Research Centre
- Rotary International
- The United States Agency for International Development
- Photography and Equipment Policy
- Socially Responsible Global Health Work
- Consortium for the Humanities, Ethics and Professionalism (CHEAP)
- Critical Physiotherapy Network
- GHD Facebook
- GHD Twitter
- Global Health Next Generation Network
- Global Outreach Physical Therapy Network (GO-PT)
- Global Health Special Interest Group
- The Global Community of Practice for Rehabilitation
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy - LinkedIn forum on working and studying in another country
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy - Students
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy Network for Health Promotion in Life and Work (HPLW)
Global Health Ethics
- Wojkowski, S. Clinical Instructors, Beware: Not all clinical placements are created equal. Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Physiotherapy Practice Jan./Feb. 2019 9(1): 7-9.
- Sirois-Leclerc, G. Global Health: "That's not really related to my practice"... or is it? Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Physiotherapy Practice Jan./Feb. 2019 9(1): 35-37.
- Deslauriers, S., Laliberté, M. & Perreault, S. Inequities in access to physiotherapy services: evidence of extensive waiting times and uneven provision of services. Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Physiotherapy Practice Jul./Aug. 2018 8(4): 24-27.
- Cleaver, S., Deslauriers, S., Hudson A. Canadian physiotherapists want to talk more about equity. Can J Bioeth. 2018; 1(3): 90-91.
- Global Health Gateway: 10 Ethical Principles
- Pippa Biddle. (2014). The Problem with Little White Girls (and Boys): Why I Stopped Being a Voluntourist.
- Youtube. (2012). Africa for Norway - new charity single out now!
- Sirolli, E. (2012). Want to Help Someone? Shut Up and Listen! TED Talk.
- Damberger, D. (2011). What Happens When an NGO Admits Failure. TED Talk.
- Benatar, S. & Brock, G. (2011). Global Health and Global Health Ethics. Cambridge University Press.
- Using an Ethical Decision Making Model in Absence of Clear Medical Diagnoses: Dispatches Volume 2 Issue 9 (p.13-14)
- Student Corner – Global Health Ethics: physiotherapy scope of practice where there is no doctor: Dispatches Volume 2 Issue 9 (p.18-20)
- A Call for a Critical Examination of Ethics in Global Health Initiatives in Physical Therapy Education: Dispatches Volume 2 Issue 7 (p.20-22)
- Article - a view of ethics from atop the soapbox: Dispatches Volume 2 Issue 3 (p.22)
- Pinto AD, Upshur REG. 2009. Global health ethics for students. Developing World Bioethics 9(1):1-10.
- I've come to help: Can tourism and altruism mix? (2006)
Global Health in Practice
Cleaver, S., Deslauriers, S. & Hudon, A. Canadian physiotherapists face-up to inequities in service provision: Results of a workshop discussion and call to action! Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Physiotherapy Practice Mar./Apr. 2019 9(2): 17-21.
Iemmai V, Gibson L, Blanchet K, Kumar KS, Rath S, Hartley S, Murthy G, Patel V, Weber J, Kuper H. (2015). Community-based rehabilitation for people with disabilities in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review. Campbell Systematic Review; 1;15.
Mesaroli G, Bourgeois A, McCurry E, Condren A, Petropanagos P, Fraser M, Nixon S. (2015) Enhanced Patient Centred-Care: Perspectives of Physiotherapists regarding the impact of international clinical internships on Canadian practice. Physiotherapy Canada; 67(4).
Grech S. (2011). Recolonising debates or perpetuated coloniality? Decentring the spaces of disability, development and community in the global South. International Journal of Inclusive Education; 15(1), 87-100.