Global Women's Health (for GHD Members only)
Student Resources (for GHD Members only)
Global Health Counterparts (for GHD Members only)
Disability Resources (for GHD Members only)
Scholarly Publications by Year (for GHD Members only)
GHD Workshop, November 18th, 2021: Addressing Racism in the Workplace. Click here to register.
External Global Health Blogs
- The World of PhysioAndrea
- View from the window of Physical Therapy
- Disability kwa Bulozi
- Project Next Mile
- International Centre for the Advancement of Community Based Rehabilitation (ICACBR)
- CBR Africa Network
- University of Sydney. Monitoring Manual and Menu for CBR and Other Community-based Disability Inclusive Development Programs (2014)
- World Health Organization Community Based Rehabilitation
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) Grants
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
- Grand Challenges Canada
- International Development Research Centre
- Rotary International
- The United States Agency for International Development
- Consortium for the Humanities, Ethics and Professionalism (CHEAP)
- Critical Physiotherapy Network
- GHD Facebook
- GHD Twitter
- GHD Instagram
- Global Health Next Generation Network
- The Global Community of Practice for Rehabilitation
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy - Students
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy Network for Health Promotion in Life and Work (HPLW)
Global Health Guidelines and Ethics
- Wojkowski, S. Clinical Instructors, Beware: Not all clinical placements are created equal. Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Physiotherapy Practice Jan./Feb. 2019 9(1): 7-9.
- Sirois-Leclerc, G. Global Health: "That's not really related to my practice"... or is it? Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Physiotherapy Practice Jan./Feb. 2019 9(1): 35-37.
- Deslauriers, S., Laliberté, M. & Perreault, S. Inequities in access to physiotherapy services: evidence of extensive waiting times and uneven provision of services. Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Physiotherapy Practice Jul./Aug. 2018 8(4): 24-27.
- Cleaver, S., Deslauriers, S., Hudson A. Canadian physiotherapists want to talk more about equity. Can J Bioeth. 2018; 1(3): 90-91.
- Pippa Biddle. (2014). The Problem with Little White Girls (and Boys): Why I Stopped Being a Voluntourist.
- Youtube. (2012). Africa for Norway - new charity single out now!
- Sirolli, E. (2012). Want to Help Someone? Shut Up and Listen! TED Talk.
- Damberger, D. (2011). What Happens When an NGO Admits Failure. TED Talk.
- Benatar, S. & Brock, G. (2011). Global Health and Global Health Ethics. Cambridge University Press.
- I've come to help: Can tourism and altruism mix? (2006)
- Socially Responsible Global Health Work
Cleaver, S., Deslauriers, S. & Hudon, A. Canadian physiotherapists face-up to inequities in service provision: Results of a workshop discussion and call to action! Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Physiotherapy Practice Mar./Apr. 2019 9(2): 17-21.
Iemmai V, Gibson L, Blanchet K, Kumar KS, Rath S, Hartley S, Murthy G, Patel V, Weber J, Kuper H. (2015). Community-based rehabilitation for people with disabilities in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review. Campbell Systematic Review; 1;15.
Mesaroli G, Bourgeois A, McCurry E, Condren A, Petropanagos P, Fraser M, Nixon S. (2015) Enhanced Patient Centred-Care: Perspectives of Physiotherapists regarding the impact of international clinical internships on Canadian practice. Physiotherapy Canada; 67(4).
Grech S. (2011). Recolonising debates or perpetuated coloniality? Decentring the spaces of disability, development and community in the global South. International Journal of Inclusive Education; 15(1), 87-100.