Physiotherapist – Markham, ON – Turnkey Business Opportunity with Full-Service Business Support
FlexMD is looking for Physiotherapists to partner with us at our new Mount Joy, Markham clinic
An exciting opportunity for a Physiotherapist to join our team at FlexMD. Our multi-disciplinary clinic team is comprised of Primary Care Physicians, Pharmacists, Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Registered Massage Therapists, and Chiropractors.
· Turnkey clinic with full-service business and administrative support, including reception, staff management, payroll, supply management, marketing, EHR management, billing submissions, and training.
· Cross discipline referrals and clinic marketing that accelerate growth of a busy and rewarding practice.
· On-site primary care clinic and pharmacy.
· An experienced management team.
· Brand new, professionally managed facility with state-of-the-art equipment and technology, suitable for both rehab and sports performance treatments.
· Latest electrotherapy tools including ultrasound and eStim (IFT, TENS, and EMS)
· Variety of work area options including 10’ x 12’ private treatment, open galley-style treatment tables, and spacious gym area with mobility equipment.
· 3 section, 90° drop, electric adjust treatment tables.
· In-suite commercial washer and dryer.
· Private staff areas including lockers, washroom, and kitchen.
· Flexible hours – full or part time, early morning, evening and/or weekends.
· Close proximity to the Markham Stouffville Hospital.
· Work in the vibrant and growing community of Mount Joy, Markham, adjacent to a Go Station, walking distance to a variety of shops and restaurants.
· Free parking near building entrance.
· Assess movement, strength, endurance, and other physical abilities.
· Assess the impact of an injury or disability on physical functioning.
· Assess physical preparation for work and sports.
· Evaluate pain and movement patterns, muscle balance, joint function, cardiorespiratory status, reflexes, and sensation.
· Examine relevant x-rays, lab tests, medical records, and surgical notes.
· Evaluate overall functional ability both in the workplace and in other activities of daily living.
· Plan treatment programs, which include education, to restore movement and reduce pain.
· Provide individualized treatment of an injury or disability based on scientific knowledge, a thorough assessment of the condition, environmental factors, and lifestyle.
· Provide treatment which can include an individualized exercise program, manual therapy, electrotherapy modalities, as well as patient and family education.
· Educate to restore movement and reduce pain.
· Encourage patients/patient to take charge of their health by teaching techniques for recovery, pain relief, injury prevention and improved physical movement, with emphasis on what the patient can do for her/himself.
· Promote independence and facilitate patients assuming responsibility for their rehabilitation and self-care.
· Based on assessment the physiotherapist either plans an appropriate treatment program and carries it out or refers the patient to another professional.
· Coordinates treatment with other providers, including patients’ problems, needs and progress.
· Registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, in good standing.
· Spinal Manipulation, Pelvic Floor, or Acupuncture Controlled Act rostering is an asset.
· Active Release Therapy (ART) or Sports Medicine certification is an asset.
· Professional Liability Insurance.
· Strong critical thinking, decision-making and analytical skills
· Exceptional time management and organizational skills with an ability to work independently.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Enthusiasm for collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team.
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Competitive overhead split.
· Entrepreneurial opportunity with marketing and business support.
To learn more, please visit our website: www.FlexMD.ca
To apply, please go to: careers.flexmd.ca/26305