GOVERNMENT OF NUNAVUT – EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Title: Physiotherapist Salary:
Salary Range: Starting $51.29/hour, 37.5 hours/week
Northern Allowance: $8.20/ hour
Community: Iqaluit Union Status: Nunavut Employees Union
Reference Number: CASUAL-NEW Housing: Transient Housing is Available
Type of Employment: Casual, Short Term Closing date: Open Until Filled
This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear
Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants. Reporting to the Manager of Rehabilitation
Services, this position is part of the Rehabilitation team in the Department of Health. This position
plans, develops, organizes, delivers and evaluates Physiotherapy Services to all populations in the
Qikiqtaaluk Region, in accordance with:
- Rehabilitation Services, Department of Health
- Rehabilitation Services – Physiotherapy policies and procedures
- The Code of Ethics of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- The Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of a Canadian Provincial College
The position requires self-direction, initiative, and the ability to work within an interdisciplinary
rehabilitation department and team. The incumbent is responsible for decisions regarding all aspects
of client care in physiotherapy, assessment, and treatment programs, as well as clinical supervision
of Community Therapy Assistants and a Physiotherapy Assistant. This position also includes
developing and delivering skills training to families, communities, home-care workers, community
members, organizations, and other health professionals.
The incumbent will maintain close case management, teaching and informing relationships with
health care providers and educators such as physicians, nurses, community health representatives,
home & community care staff, teachers and individuals assisting identified clients at one hospital,
one Public Health Clinic, 11 Community Health Centres, two elders’ residences, three group homes,
one continuing care facility, schools, day cares and in private homes.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through a recognized
Master’s degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent along with Certification and registration with a
provincial licensing body. A minimum of one year of clinical experience is considered an asset.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French.
Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language,
communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education and experience may be
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to
email@example.com and/or rehabmanagerBAF@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CONTACT: Annabelle Esteban, Acting Manager of Iqaluit Rehabilitation Services
PHONE: (867) 975-8600×7413
FAX: (867) 975-8633