Health PEI is seeking skilled Physiotherapists to play a vital role in patient care on the Island!
Physiotherapists on PEI have many opportunities available to them. From working in primary care to emergency departments or newly designed Patient Medical Homes, our rehab professionals have the opportunity to work with a number of different patient populations! Work in orthopedics, general medicine, neuromuscular conditions, hand therapy, amputee rehabilitation, pediatrics and more.
Job Description: The Physiotherapist is to provide physiotherapy services to patients of QEH hospital services with possible rotation among service areas (eg: acute care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, stroke services, and out-patients, etc.), promoting understanding of the hospital’s physiotherapy services, participating in service planning and evaluation, as well as administrative responsibilities and other associated duties.
- Prioritization/triaging of caseload.
- Performing comprehensive patient assessment and synthesizing assessment findings to determine clinical/working diagnosis to allow for direction of care.
- Educating patients, caregivers, staff, and students with regards to the treatment plan, condition, and prognosis.
- Determining course of care; including transition and discharge planning.
- Implementing skilled interventions.
- Participating in quality improvement; recognizing the need for involvement of other health care professionals and making referrals/consults to bring them into circle of care.
- Conducting home visits and site visits.
- Engaging in continual professional development and ensuring knowledge translation.
- Supervising Rehabilitation Assistants.
- Training, orientating, and providing preceptorship/mentorship/teaching for various students, staff, colleagues, other health professionals.
- Participating and leading various committees or teams.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have successful completion of a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Physiotherapy.
- Must be eligible for licensing with the Prince Edward Island College of Physiotherapists.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional development will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within professional expertise and apply sound clinical decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency working in a computerized environment.
- Ability to develop and lead training sessions for clients and staff.
- Must have access to a reliable means of transportation.
- Have a good previous work and attendance record.
Please Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Notice to all External Applicants – Health Care Workers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per Health PEI’s Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health / Wellness and Safety.
Salary Range: $36.12 – $44.27 per hour
Bi-Weekly Hours: 75 hours Bi-weekly / Days (Evenings and weekends as Required)
Posting ID: 160807-0124QEPI
Closing Date: Open until Filled
Looking to connect? Our Recruitment Team would be happy to answer any questions you may have about living and working in Prince Edward Island. Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.