The ScoliClinic is British Columbia’s premier physiotherapy clinic dedicated to kids, teens, and adults with scoliosis, Scheuermann’s Kyphosis, and other complex spinal conditions. Together with our sister company The Scoliosis Collective in Australia, we support people with scoliosis in a holistic manner to help them stand tall, from the inside out.
We’re looking for a physiotherapist interested in deepening their understanding of the fascinating, complex, 3-dimensional nature of scoliosis.
With our company headquarters located in Vancouver, a clinic in North Vancouver, and a satellite location in Surrey, this is an exciting opportunity to get involved with a unique, progressive, and fast-growing physiotherapy company. The ScoliClinic has an exciting vision for growth that we want to share with you.
Want to get a better sense of our culture and what we do?
Ongoing duties and associated attributes
- Analyzing and interpreting client X-Rays, so attention to detail is required
- Planning and providing scoliosis-specific treatment and home exercise prescription, so short and long term thinking are valuable
- Assess and treat the spine AND all other areas of the body, so well-rounded clinical knowledge is a must
- Electronic documentation of client treatment sessions – sufficient keyboard skills and digital navigation are a must. Familiarity with Apple/Mac products and programs is an asset
- Creating patient home exercise binders, so organization and an eye for aesthetics are advantageous
- Educating clients and families on many aspects of scoliosis, so strong teaching and communication skills are required
- Liaising with client’s wellness network (coaches, personal trainers, pilates instructors, RMTs, physicians, surgeons, and more) so an open-minded, collaborative attitude is beneficial
- Optional: Participating in teaching engagements and community events, so if you like to connect and socialize, this is for you!
- Bachelor/Master/Doctorate of Physiotherapy degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Physiotherapist
- Registered and in good standing with College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia
- Training and experience in Scoliosis-Specific treatments preferred; one of:
- Barcelona Scoliosis Physical Therapy School
- ISST Schroth Certification
- SSOL Schroth
- If no previous training, must be willing to learn content / attend courses
Perks of the job as a Clinician
- Challenge your mind by deepening your understanding of an complex spinal condition
- 1:1 45 to 90-minute sessions with each client to facilitate high quality of care
- Structured mentorship program with up to 2 hours per week to help you develop your clinical, interpersonal, and caseload management skills
- Weekly ‘Wisdom Wednesday’ team meetings
- Absorb knowledge from experienced therapists on the team
- Experience personal growth in communication, self-awareness, mindfulness with guest speakers
- Contribute your voice to the development of company procedures and initiatives to improve your work life and enhance our clients’ experiences
- Be part of a fast-growing, innovative company that heavily focuses on operational efficiency to streamline therapists’ workload and optimize client experience while incorporating values of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility
- Explore opportunities for progression through a career trajectory to help you design the life you want to live
- Contribute to a greater cause – work with an underserved population in a developing field of Physiotherapy that is in high demand
- Full-Time Permanent Employee. Starting annual salary of $80,000 plus paid vacation, statutory holiday pay, 5 paid sick days, CPP, EI
- Educational credit and bonuses are available
Get in touch
To set up an exploratory conversation (because we want to make sure that you feel we’re the right fit for your needs too), please email Andrea Mendoza at firstname.lastname@example.org with WHY you want to join us.
International applicants, new grads, and interim Physiotherapists are welcome to apply.