Course Title: K-Taping for Women' Health
Instructors: Lois Pohlod, B.Sc.PT, Sport Diploma; Dick van der Harst, RPT, MCPA B.Sc.PT; Jacques Lavergne, B.E.S., B.Sc. pht., CPA Sport Diploma; Jeff Brooker, BSc (Anat), B.Sc.PT, Sport Diploma; & Sabrina Silla, B.Sc., Pht., D.O.
Dates: Samedi, septembre 21 - Dimanche, septembre 22, 2019
Saturday, November 9 - Sunday, November 10, 2019
Saturday, January 25 - Sunday, January 26, 2020
Saturday, February 15 - Sunday, February 16, 2020
Saturday, May 2 - Sunday, May 3, 2020
Saturday, November 7 - Sunday, November 8, 2020
Time: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Locations: Septembre 21-22 - Kinatex Sport Physio Rockland, 100 chemin Rockland, Suite 130, Ville Mont-Royal, QC
November 9-10 - LifeMark Health Richmond Oval, 6111 River Road, Richmond, BC
January 25-26 - NeuroChangers, 400 Kipling Avenue, 2nd Floor, Etobicoke, ON
February 15-16 - Calgary Winter Club Physiotherapy, 4611 - 14 Street NW, Calgary, AB
May 2-3 - Kinatex Rockland Sport Physio, 100 chemin Rockland, Suite 130, Ville Mont-Royal, QC
November 7-8 - LifeMark Health Richmond Oval, 6111 River Road, Richmond, BC
Registration Fees: Early Bird - $502.85 ($445 + $57.85 GST/HST); Regular - $615.85 ($545 + $70.85 GST/HST)
K-Taping for Women's Health is a two-day, practical application course in women's health K-Taping techniques. The course begins with an overview of the theory and purpose of the K-Taping practical applications and the history of the K-Taping Academy.
Who Should Attend?
Physiotherapists (Women's Health, Pelvic), midwives, gynecologists, registered nurses and health professionals specializing in gynecology.
Practical taping includes a demonstration and practice of each of the techniques used in the K-Taping method. Mescle techniques include ways to relax or increase stimulation of muscles. Ligament stability applications are used for joint and tendon support, as well as the relief of trigger point pain. The functional correction and fascial correction techniques can be used in the treatment of Women's Health dysfunctions such as pelvic instability. Lymphatic drainage techniques have been shown to provide relief of swelling during pregnancy, post operatively and in lymphedema care.
Specific Taping Techniques included in this course are:
- Lumbar and neck muscle relaxation
- Sacral iliac joint support
- Carpal tunnel symptom relief for cases caused by both mechanical problems and pregnancy
- Adbominal support techniques during pregnancy
- Postural correction application
- Treatment of edema during pregnancy, post surgical and lymphedema cases
- Tape applications for instability of the pubic symphysis
- Introduction and uses of Cross Tape
- Postnatal recovery of the uterus and abdominal pain/cramping
- Colon K-Taping to help ease constipation post surgically and with travel
- Discussion and demonstration on techniques for: breast engorgement; mastitis; scar taping techniques for post-cesarean section; and other post surgery cases
- Suggestions for taping of a diastasis recti
- Transverse abdominus stimulation and core stability exercises
- Taping for relief of dysmenorrhea
- Taping to improve bladder control
- Taping to assist patients with pelvic organ prolapse
- Taping for post mastectomy edema
Official Partner: Women's Health Division of the CPA
To register, or for more information, please click here