Application Deadline: March 12, 2021
Expected Start Date: April 5, 2021
Reports to: Manager, Communications and Marketing
Supports: CPA National and Components (Divisions, Assemblies, and Branches)
Location: 955 Green Valley Crescent, Ottawa, ON, K2C 3V4
Reporting to the Manager, Communications and Marketing, and working directly with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association’s (CPA) Divisions and Assemblies, the Marketing Specialist will play an integral role in building and engaging relationships with the CPA’s volunteer-led specialty interest groups, executing their strategies to promote the long-term growth of the CPA and support the overall organizational objectives.
Contributing to the ongoing initiatives of the Divisions and Assemblies, the Marketing Specialist is responsible for the execution of Division and Assembly initiatives, including membership, communications, and marketing. Responsibilities relate to areas including, but not exclusive to, general administrative support, development, production of membership reports, content translations, maintenance of the website content, and operational internal relationships and external communications with relation to the Division/Assembly.
Publications and Communications:
- Working with the CPA’s Divisions/Assemblies to develop communications/operational plans.
- Developing and managing content for Division/Assembly websites; ensure the content is kept current and error-free.
- Working with the CPA's Divisions and Assemblies to send e-blasts to specialty group members, including planning, writing, and coordinating French translation and layout.
- Implementing a standardized membership report and share with appropriate volunteers.
- Managing relationships with key vendors, including graphic design suppliers, translators, and others.
- Developing any one-off or standardized membership reports.
- Writing and executing relevant social media.
- Planning, organization, and execution of meetings with stakeholders.
- Responding to inquiries from members, CPA components, external agencies, government, and public related to the activities of the Divisions/Assemblies.
- Overseeing translations requests.
- Contributing towards creative concepts for promotional materials.
- Providing support to additional Association committees as required.
- Undertaking other projects or responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Post-secondary program with a focus on Communications, Marketing, or Project Management.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Project Management experience.
- Comfortable in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment, working on multiple projects.
- Sound editing and proofreading skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and Mailchimp shall be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in updating websites (HTML).
- Demonstrated experience in sending emails through Mailchimp.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to grow and take initiative.
- Problem solver by way of looking for more efficient ways of doing things and communicating them to the team.
- Creative thinker with the ability to contribute ideas freely.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
Send an email with your resume and cover letter to Megan Labonte at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:00 p.m. EST on March 12, 2021.
The CPA thanks everyone for their interest, but will only respond to applicants selected for an interview.