#AIMHigher With Our AIM Education Program
Upcoming Webinar: Eight Essential Things Physical Therapists Need to Know for Managing MSL Disorders
Date: Thursday, August 19, 2021
Time: 8:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. EDT
Speaker: Chad Cook
The program is designed to help clinicians think critically about several aspects that may influence the recovery process of patients with musculoskeletal disorders. Topics discussed will include:
- Factors that influence self-reported outcomes the most.
- Why minimally clinically important difference scores (MCIDs) are a faulty construct?
- Randomized controlled trials don’t tell you who benefits from a specific intervention.
- Effect sizes and why they are so low.
- How and why Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) influence health outcomes?
- What patients want from their care?
- What are the ingredients of value-based care?
- Areas of physiotherapy that are primed for medicalization and overtreatment.
OD Clinical Update
Our newest edition on Pelvic Girdle Pain is now live!
To check out our current and previous issues, please click here.
NEW From Our Knowledge Translation Manager: How to Develop & Answer a Clinical Research Question
You want to provide your patients with the best evidence-informed care. How do you incorporate targeted literature searches into your busy practice schedule? Here is a handy flow chart to walk you through the steps to generating and answering a clinical question and staying on top of the latest research.
Become an Orthopaedic Division Member for access to this, and other great tools!
Evidence Express is an exciting new KT initiative to provide NOD members with clinically relevant evidence and resources. Links will be provided for Open Access articles, podcasts, blogs, infographics, and videos from experts around the world. The aim is to bridge research to clinical practice and make the evidence more accessible. You can view this and previous installments of Evidence Express publications in the Members Portal; login is required.
Become an Orthopaedic Division member for access to these monthly.