Vision, Mission & Strategy
Canadians are moving, moving more and moving better with the help of physiotherapy.
CPA’s purpose is to advance the profession of physiotherapy in order to improve the health of Canadians.
The Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) will act with integrity and loyalty to members at all times.
The CPA values:
The integration of evidence, clinical reasoning and therapeutic skills in practice
Accountability to members, stakeholders and the public
Unity of the profession across Canada
Fair and democratic governance
Meaningful, cooperative partnerships
Proactive behaviour and innovation
The richness of Canadian diversity
Clear and concise communication
Promise to our members
CPA’s goal is to provide exceptional service, valuable information and connections to the profession of physiotherapy across Canada and around the world.
Our Strategic Priorities
The CPA strives to achieve excellence in three priority areas: value for members, excellence in practice, and Canadians’ appreciation of the benefits of physiotherapy.
2013-2018 Strategic Plan
CPA's preferred future:
Canadians are moving more and moving better with the help of physiotherapy. By 2018, the Canadian Physiotherapy Association:
- Has the means to measure, in real time, the effectiveness of physiotherapy across Canada, and the means to convey the information to practitioners to assist in their professional advancement.
- Has sufficiently informed Canadians of the benefits of physiotherapy that they are able to make informed choices about their health care and mobility needs.
- Has strengthened and broadened membership based on indispensible offering of products and services.
- Offers the preferred post-graduate specialist credentials and certifications recognized by physiotherapists and Canadians (the CPA Clinical Specialty program and Division certification programs).
- Has implemented mechanisms to assist Branches in operating effective grassroots advocacy programs that successfully convey to legislators and health administration that physiotherapy and rehabilitation are essential components of medicare in all provinces and territories.
- Has implemented mechanisms to assist Divisions in providing continuing education and professional development programs that meet clearly-defined member needs.