In lieu of a formal statement, the CPA would like to provide the following update.
We have been working around the clock for the past week on advocacy related to the cancellation of the PCE in March 2021. We recognize this takes time and there are complexities in each province and territory that require due diligence and unique solutions. We continue to stand with candidates, members, and the profession in asking for expedient resolution to this issue. We continue to offer our support as a collaborative partner with all stakeholders in the profession, including regulatory and academic organizations, together charting the best way forward on behalf of the profession and the public we serve.
The CPA Board will be holding a full-day meeting tomorrow Saturday, March 27th to discuss current state, the results of our current action and potential next steps to support our partners in finding a resolution.
We would like to thank everyone for the overwhelming support of candidates, our provincial/territorial Branches who have been working with us hand in hand as this issue develops, the regulators for calling timely meetings to address the issue, CAPR for continuing to have dialogue with the Association, the profession for their support in finding resolutions, and candidates who continue to share their stories.
Since our last update on March 21, the CPA has:
- Met regularly with its Branches as they engaged with their respective regulators in each province and territory
- Opened channels of communication with CAPR, the regulators and the academic community
- Explored and initiated the development of options and key next steps with stakeholders for solutions that support candidates becoming licensed as soon as possible
- Fielded hundreds of emails, social mentions and tags and collated them to understand the position of our membership
- Accommodated media requests
- Engaged with other relevant physiotherapy stakeholders to solicit their support and determine how to best move forward as expediently as possible
- Met with candidates, members, and others who wanted to share their feedback or recommendations
The CPA remains committed to a further, more detailed, update for our membership as soon as possible following the Board meeting.
Please continue to dialogue with the Association via email@example.com.