Title: Physical Therapy Management of Postural Instability - Part 2 (Treatment) with CPA Seniors Health Division
Instructors: Dr. Susan Hunter
Date: Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Times: 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. EDT
Location: Online (Embodia)
Registration Fees: CPA Members - $17; SHD Members - $10; Non-CPA Members - $25
This is Part 2 in a two-part webinar series hosted by the Seniors Health Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA). You can register for Part 1 of this webinar series by clicking here.
This live webinar will cover the assessment and treatment of balance problems in older adults.
This webinar series will provide evidence-informed best practices covering:
- Balance and control systems for postural stability;
- Changes with aging that affects balance;
- Assessment of postural stability – choosing clinical balance tests; and
- Interventions to improve postural stability.
Upon Completing This Webinar Participants Will Be Able To:
- Understand and describe the concepts of balance, and essential body systems/components involved in normal balance function.
- Identify a variety of balance tests and their measurement properties
- Apply key factors of consideration in choosing appropriate balance tests and measures
- Develop interventions to improve postural stability
Please note that in order to obtain a certificate of attendance: Webinar on PT management of postural instability, the attendee must attend both Part 1 (Assessment) and Part 2 (Treatment). Please register for the first webinar here .
To register, or for more information, please click here.