It has been a challenging time as a private practice owner at Rebalance Sports Medicine as we were forced to close our business and have suffered great financial loss. In the midst of it all, we’ve tried to stay positive and have remained open to alternative ways of delivering our services. We immediately embraced virtual physiotherapy as an option for our clients and now, after doing this for seven weeks, we can truly say that we’ve made such a difference in the lives of our virtual patients.
We’ve learned a few key things:
- Having the video serves as biofeedback for our clients and it helps them see areas of weakness, as well as make corrections much easier than with traditional face-to-face physiotherapy.
- Patients are seizing the moment and now have the time to devote to their health. They’ve been more compliant than ever, and we’re seeing some amazing results.
- Patients are gaining a greater sense of self-efficacy in that they can make themselves feel better and that’s what we, as physiotherapists, are ultimately in this for.
- This service is gaining popularity and traction and we are excited to see the future of this service.
To date, we’ve successfully helped individuals with the following conditions through virtual care:
- post-operative knee surgery
- low back pain
- discogenic pain
- ankle sprains
- neck strain
- upper back tension
- Achilles rupture rehab
- postural syndromes
- hip flexor strain
- patellofemoral pain
- peri partum back
- post-partum incontinence
- post-operative shoulder injury
- hamstring strain
- rotator cuff tendinopathy
- post-concussion syndrome
And we are confident we can help many more :)