Welcome to the New Executive Committee Members
The Seniors' Health Division has welcomed new Executive Committee members. Here is our new Executive Committee:
- Chair: Karla Andrew, Guelph, ON
- Past Chair: Sonya Vani, Windsor, ON
- Treasurer: Caitlin McArthur, Halifax, ON
- Secretary: Yashoda Sharma, Toronto, ON
- Education Coordinator: Grace Liu, Toronto, ON
- Communications Coordinator: Helen Johnson, Windsor, ON
- Knowledge Translation Representative: Lina Santaguida, Hamilton, ON
A strategic plan review and new communications plan is underway.
Stay tuned for a new, refreshed website and professional development opportunities in 2021!
Regional Geriatric Program Virtual Care Webinar Series
COVID-19 has had significant impacts on delivery of health care to older adults in many sectors, with virtual care and tele-rehabilitation receiving much attention. Have a look at the three-part webinar series, hosted by the Regional Geriatric Program of Toronto.
Tools & Tips for Senior Friendly Virtual Care
COVID-19 has disrupted the health system and transformed the way care is delivered. High-quality virtual care will continue to be a priority as our system adjusts to a new normal and plans for future waves of the pandemic. How do we tailor virtual care for seniors with frailty? Join in for a three-part webinar series on senior-friendly virtual care.
If you are unable to attend, all webinars are archived on the RGP’s YouTube channel.
Regional Geriatric Program's e-Learning Opportunities
The Regional Geriatric Program of Toronto is also hosting e-learning opportunities for interdisciplinary health service providers to help achieve better health outcomes for older adults living with frailty across the continuum.
A critical factor on improving outcomes for older adults living with complex health concerns (e.g., frailty) during the second wave of the pandemic and beyond is ensuring that all health care providers are knowledgeable and skilled in addressing the unique needs of older adults.
To support these knowledge needs, the RGP and the Provincial Geriatrics Leadership Office are excited to announce the launch of the introductory-level senior-friendly care (sfCare) Learning Series for clinicians (delirium, loneliness, mobilization, nutrition, pain, polypharmacy, and urinary incontinence) in an e-learning format (English only) and will soon be launching the PowerPoint format in French.
Each learning module includes:
- A presentation with commentary by a geriatric clinician;
- A quiz to assess learning;
- A resource page with links to tools referenced in the module; and
- A certificate of completion once the quiz has been completed.
The e-learning format supports:
- Clinicians in self-study;
- Geriatric specialists in training their residence;
- Organizations in implementing a new clinical training program, or replacing or refreshing their current clinical training program, including for staff who are being redeployed; and
- OHTs in implementing a common platform for learning across all of their partner organizations.
How to Access
The e-learning format is free and learners can self-enroll and complete modules at their own pace.