The Short-Form McGill Pain Questionnaire
The McGill Pain Questionnaire is a qualitative outcome measure to describe pain. The MPQ-SF categorizes three dimensions of the pain experience:
- Sensory qualities:temporal, spatial, pressure, thermal
- Affective qualities: tension, fear, autonomic properties of the pain experience
- Overall intensity of the pain experience
- Adults with chronic pain (including pain due to rheumatic diseases)
- Patients with acute low back pain
The tool is free for use in not for profit research and clinical use – requires sending a request.