The Oncology Division is committed to educating physiotherapists and the general public about the essential role of cancer rehabilitation in the continuum of cancer care. The division's focus is to improve the quality of life, independence and well-being of individuals affected by cancer.
We are committed to educating physiotherapists and the general public about the essential role of cancer rehabilitation in the continuum of cancer care.
To improve the quality of life, independence and well-being of individuals affected by cancer.
To promote and advance the practice of physical therapy for cancer patients and survivors by promoting ongoing evidence-based education, facilitating inter-professional collaboration, and fostering the exchange of clinical and research knowledge between its members.
We strive to:
- Advocate for the unique role of physiotherapists in the continuum of cancer care
- Increase public awareness of the benefits of physiotherapy in the care of cancer patients and survivors
- Ensure that patients have unencumbered access to cancer rehabilitation services
- Promote ongoing professional development
- Encourage the development and publication of research within the field of oncology
- Provide its members with opportunities for networking and collaboration
- Access to sponsored educational opportunities such as webinars and teleconferences
- Access to experts who can discuss challenging oncology-related clinical situations
- Networking with other physiotherapists in oncology across the country
- Access to member only resources and newsletters
- Discounts on division-hosted courses
A Note about this Site
The content of this web site is still being developed and evaluated to ensure that the needs of the members of the Oncology Division and other health care professionals who share our interests. Some of the information on this web site is for Oncology Division members only, and is password protected. Please enjoy the information available on this web site, and for further information regarding membership, please contact the Chair of the Oncology Division.
Also, you can contact CPA if you are a division member and forgot the log in information.
A Note about Advertisements
At the Oncology Division we accept oncology-related advertisements from different sources. These paid advertisements help fund Oncology Division activities. Advertisements will be placed under the Professional Development Tab to the left and includes information on Open Houses, Courses (not run by the Division), and other interesting opportunities.
Note that the Oncology Division does not generally screen the advertisements and does not endorse one advertisement over another. Please contact email@example.com for information.
Interested in pursuing a career in Oncology? Take a look at CPA’s Career Centre to explore these opportunities!
Become a memberLogin