Entry Level Student Awards
Amount: 2 awards of $1,000 each will be available per year
Application Deadline: September 8 of each year
Submission: Please email completed forms to the CRD Secretary
Name: Avery Michels
Details of Award:
- This award will be offered to physical therapy students enrolled in entry-level programs who excel in both cardiorespiratory theory and clinical practice and who have a special interest in cardiorespiratory physiotherapy
- The goals of this award are to encourage the pursuit of a career in cardiorespiratory-related physiotherapy care, provide recognition to students who demonstrate commitment to cardiorespiratory care, and encourage membership and participation in the Cardiorespiratory Division (CRD) of the CPA
- A student can only win the award once
- Award includes a 3-year membership to the CRD upon graduation (If a CPA member)
- Unsuccessful applicants will get a 1-year membership to the CRD upon graduation (if a CPA member)
- Award to be made during Convocation ceremonies or other
Pre-requisites to apply:
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant Be in the final year of an entry-level physical therapy program at a recognized Canadian university
- Have an academic average in their PT program of 75% or greater (verified by transcript or student record).
- Have cardiorespiratory experience in a clinical placement setting
- Have a special interest in cardiorespiratory PT and be considering working in this area in the future
How to apply:
- Submit a completed and signed application form (see below)
- Submit a signed one-page letter of application describing the applicant’s interest and experience in cardiorespiratory physiotherapy and career plans in physiotherapy.
- Include one letter of recommendation from either a clinical placement supervisor OR an academic instructor (both forms attached below, please only submit one referee form)
- Provide an informal transcript or student record from their entry-level physiotherapy program
- We recognize not all grades may be available by the deadline application, students are encouraged to send their transcript forward with those courses that are completed and recorded. This record is encouraged to be sent in a password protected document with password provided via email.
Questions? Please email any questions to the CRD secretary at email address above.