Rising Star Award
Rising Star Distinction
This distinction is to recognize and acknowledge a student or new graduate physiotherapist (PT)/physiotherapy assistant (PTA) who has demonstrated potential to be an excellent PT/PTA in paediatric practice through her/his exceptional contribution to paediatric education, clinical practice, and/or research.
Nominations are accepted from any of the following: clinical instructor, professor, colleague, or peer with one additional letter of support.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Paediatric Division executive committee and the successful nominee and their nominator will be notified by email. The recipient will be invited to submit a photo with a short bio which will be posted on the website and acknowledged in an e-blast to all Division members. A certificate of recognition will be sent to the recipient.
Criteria for Nomination
- Member of CPA and the Paediatric Division
- Has demonstrated consistent special interest in paediatric physiotherapy during the academic and clinical education aspects of the physiotherapy program and/or his/her initial year of clinical practice
- Has excelled in academic and clinical education aspects of the physiotherapy program, particularly in paediatric components
- Has participated in/contributed to research activities that have enhanced the evidence base for paediatric clinical practice
- Has volunteered for/participated in extra‐curricular opportunities with children during the physiotherapy program and/or first year of practice that indicates his/her commitment to paediatric physiotherapy
- Nomination letter: outlining the uniqueness of the individual and how he/she meets the criteria of the award
- Two letters of support: One from a clinical instructor, professor, colleague, or peer with one additional letter of support.
Submission deadline: October 1
Submission address: firstname.lastname@example.org