Care that optimizes use of available resources to achieve desired patient outcomes.
Why is the “E-word” a bad word?
Chantal Lauzon, PT, CPA Senior Practice Manager, CPA Member since 1995
“Why do people shut down when the word “efficiency” is used? Is there so much negative connotation that we can no longer see the benefits? I reached out to five different people in the #QualityPT world and no one wanted to tackle this one!…” Read More.
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)- Healthcare: Efficiency may be the answer (3:13 minutes)
- The Efficiency Paradox TED talk (18:48 minutes)
- A Systematic Review of Healthcare Efficiency Measures
- Assessing operational effectiveness in Healthcare organizations
- Lean healthcare: Rhetoric, ritual and resistance
- The Largest Lean Transformation in the World”: The Implementation and Evaluation of Lean in Saskatchewan Healthcare
- A framework for Healthcare planning and control
- The measurement of efficiency and productivity in health care delivery
- What is value in healthcare?
- The Impact of Electronic Health Records on Time Efficiency of Physicians and Nurses: A Systematic Review
- The five principles behind the world’s most efficient health systems
- Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI)
- From Data to Wisdom