Care where quality does not vary because of characteristics such as gender, age, ethnicity, culture.
Here’s why EQUITABLE physiotherapy is important – Common challenges associated with equitable physiotherapy
Sarah Wojkowski, PT, CPA Member since 2004
“On November 4th, 2015, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was asked why having a gender balanced cabinet was so important. His response was simple: “Because it is 2015”.
This succinct answer made me pause to reflect on my own career as a physiotherapist. Could I provide such a pointed answer if someone were to ask me if my practice has been equitable?…” Read More.
- Take a Breath – Pierre’s long and expensive road to a double-lung transplant (1:00 min.)
- Health Quality Ontario Presents – Income and Health (2:50 min.)
- Mayberry RM, Nicewander DA, Qin H, Ballard DJ. Improving quality and reducing inequities: a challenge in achieving best care. Proceedings (Baylor University Medical Center). 2006;19(2):103-118.
- Allin, S. Does Equity in Healthcare Use Vary across Canadian Provinces? Healthcare Policy. 2008; 3(4): 83-99.
- World Health Organization: Health System Equity
- Health Equity Institute
- Gender Equity through Health Promotion online course
- International Review of Health Equity Strategies: Executive Summary