- Global Women’s Health*
- Student Resources*
- Global Health Counterparts*
- Disability Resources*
- Scholarly Publications by Year*
- Indigenous Health Resources
- Indigenous Health Research
- Mentorship Program
*These resources are available to GHD Members only
- Check back soon for more upcoming events!
External Global Health Blogs
- The World of PhysioAndrea
- View from the window of Physical Therapy
- Disability kwa Bulozi
- Project Next Mile
- International Centre for the Advancement of Community Based Rehabilitation (ICACBR)
- CBR Africa Network
- University of Sydney. Monitoring Manual and Menu for CBR and Other Community-based Disability Inclusive Development Programs (2014)
- World Health Organization Community Based Rehabilitation
- Application of a contextual instructional framework in a continuing professional development training program for physiotherapists in Rwanda
- Collaboration with Orthopaedic Division
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) Grants
- Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
- Grand Challenges Canada
- International Development Research Centre
- Rotary International
- The United States Agency for International Development
- Consortium for the Humanities, Ethics and Professionalism (CHEAP)
- Critical Physiotherapy Network
- GHD Facebook
- GHD Twitter
- GHD Instagram
- Global Health Next Generation Network
- The Global Community of Practice for Rehabilitation
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy – Students
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy Network for Health Promotion in Life and Work (HPLW)
Global Health Guidelines and Ethics
- Wojkowski, S. Clinical Instructors, Beware: Not all clinical placements are created equal. Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Physiotherapy Practice Jan./Feb. 2019 9(1): 7-9.
- Sirois-Leclerc, G. Global Health: “That’s not really related to my practice”… or is it? Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Physiotherapy Practice Jan./Feb. 2019 9(1): 35-37.
- Deslauriers, S., Laliberté, M. & Perreault, S. Inequities in access to physiotherapy services: evidence of extensive waiting times and uneven provision of services. Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Physiotherapy Practice Jul./Aug. 2018 8(4): 24-27.
- Cleaver, S., Deslauriers, S., Hudson A. Canadian physiotherapists want to talk more about equity. Can J Bioeth. 2018; 1(3): 90-91.
- Pippa Biddle. (2014). The Problem with Little White Girls (and Boys): Why I Stopped Being a Voluntourist.
- Youtube. (2012). Africa for Norway – new charity single out now!
- Sirolli, E. (2012). Want to Help Someone? Shut Up and Listen! TED Talk.
- Damberger, D. (2011). What Happens When an NGO Admits Failure. TED Talk.
- Benatar, S. & Brock, G. (2011). Global Health and Global Health Ethics. Cambridge University Press.
- I’ve come to help: Can tourism and altruism mix? (2006)
- Socially Responsible Global Health Work
- Cleaver, S., Deslauriers, S. & Hudon, A. Canadian physiotherapists face-up to inequities in service provision: Results of a workshop discussion and call to action! Canadian Physiotherapy Association. Physiotherapy Practice Mar./Apr. 2019 9(2): 17-21.
- Iemmai V, Gibson L, Blanchet K, Kumar KS, Rath S, Hartley S, Murthy G, Patel V, Weber J, Kuper H. (2015). Community-based rehabilitation for people with disabilities in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review. Campbell Systematic Review; 1;15.
- Mesaroli G, Bourgeois A, McCurry E, Condren A, Petropanagos P, Fraser M, Nixon S. (2015) Enhanced Patient Centred-Care: Perspectives of Physiotherapists regarding the impact of international clinical internships on Canadian practice. Physiotherapy Canada; 67(4).
- Racine L, Perron A. (2012). Unmasking the predicament of cultural voyeurism: a postcolonial analysis of international nursing placements. Nurs Inq; 19(3): 190-201.
- Grech S. (2011). Recolonising debates or perpetuated coloniality? Decentring the spaces of disability, development and community in the global South. International Journal of Inclusive Education; 15(1), 87-100.
- Cleaver S, Nixon SA. (2014). A scoping study of ten years of published literature on community-based rehabilitation. Disability and Rehabilitation; 36(17):1385-1394.