2023 Award Program Regulations
Constance Beattie Memorial Fund Bursary Program
The Constance Beattie Memorial Fund (CBMF) was established by CPA in 1949 to honour the fund’s namesake, who died in a plane crash at the age of 24 while serving as a dedicated physiotherapist in Canada’s north. The fund and bursary awarded each year has been administered by PFC since 1997. Depending on funding, bursaries are made available to successful applicants for continuing education courses that are relevant to their career goals.
- Only current members of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) may apply.
- Applicants must be either Canadian citizens, landed immigrants, or reside in Canada with a valid work or student visa.
- A single continuing education course is eligible if the course:
- Is supported by a solid foundation of the best available evidence
- Is not less than 2 days or 14 hours in length
- Is not part of an undergraduate or graduate program
- Is taken full time, part time or by distance learning
- Has been completed at the time of submission of the application.
- Applicants must attach:
- Proof of the completion of the course.
- The course description/syllabus, length.
- If the course description does not detail/support the basis in evidence for the course, applicants should provide a brief description and support in writing.
- A 250-word description of how the knowledge from this course will be translated to others and or applied to practice to affect the development of the profession.
- Disclosure of any other funding awarded towards the costs of the course.
- Itemized expenses in the following categories: tuition, travel and accommodation.
- Applications are accepted only ONLINE and must be received by the Physiotherapy Foundation of Canada by March 12th, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST. Applicants must submit their application through the online EventsAir system. Notification on the outcome of applications will be provided in writing usually by May. Award disbursement will commence in July.
- All applications are reviewed by the Scientific Awards Committee (SAC) of the Physiotherapy Foundation of Canada or its delegate with final approval for the award granted by the PFC Board of Directors. Members of PFC committees may apply for a CBMF, but cannot be involved in either the decision-making or in determining the disposition of the applications.
- The decision process is based strictly on the information provided by the applicant. The PFC will not seek out additional information.
- Applicants are invited to submit their application for funding in either official language.