(a) Contract, (b) Full-time, (c) Part-time
March 27, 2023
KEY Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Centre is seeking a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) to join its clinical team at our facility in Halifax, Nova Scotia located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People.
Our Hand Therapy program continues to grow rapidly and we are looking to add an additional CHT to our team. The successful candidate will treat various upper extremity disorders ranging from tendon injuries, sprains/strains, post-operative fractures, etc. The CHT will be working in an established and energetic clinic with primarily an orthopaedic caseload and will be treating referrals from physicians, plastic surgeons and orthopaedic surgeons.
• Responsible for the evaluation, plan of care, treatment, re-evaluation, discharge, and appropriate communication of high-quality hand therapy services to patients and stakeholders.
• Develop treatment plans, supervise assistants and aides, contribute to case management, and provide quality patient care.
• Stay current and up to date with relevant clinical research and employ Evidence Based Practices.
• Excellent compensation commensurate with experience.
• Opportunity to participate in extended benefits plan including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
• Opportunity to participate in short and long-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
• Group RRSP contribution plan.
• Friendly and supportive team of clinicians and support staff.
• Flexible weekday works hours between 9am and 5pm. No evenings, no weekends, and no holidays
• Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy.
• Must hold specialty certification or licensure in Hand Therapy OR currently actively pursuing CHT specialty certification.
• National registration and provincial licensure registration is required.
• Must have experience in application of custom pre- and post-op splinting.
• Detail oriented and ability to maintain accurate clinical notes and records.
If this position sounds like an exciting opportunity to you and you meet the above requirements, please send your resume and cover letter via Email to: email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
KEY Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Centre is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.