Are you passionate about making a difference in the world of pelvic health?
Are you confident in your clinical care, and ready to explore skills and roles beyond that of a clinician alone?
Do you want to work with a collaborative team, where you are seen, celebrated, and supported in your growth?
If you answered a YES to these questions, then we would love to hear from you!
Who are we?
The Cheerful Pelvis is a team of empowered pelvic health physiotherapists and allied staff working on the beautiful lands of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations in Vancouver, British Columbia. Our overarching mission is that all people prioritize pelvic health and are able to access an exceptional provider. Within our clinic, we focus on collaborative learning and professional and personal growth as we strive towards excellence in clinical experience. We prioritize the wellbeing of our staff as much as the wellbeing of our clients, recognizing that each is dependent on the other.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced physiotherapist to join our team. Someone with:
- A goal to move directly into a senior physiotherapy position OR jump on the pathway to senior physio.
- Experience treating all sexes for bladder and bowel dysfunction, sexual pain, genital pain, complex pain and trauma, perinatal care, and pelvic floor-related musculoskeletal conditions, AND experience successfully taking these clients through to meet all their goals.
- A strong understanding of the importance of supportive relationships, life-long learning, and attention to the small things.
- Interest in contributing to formal and/or informal mentorship of our clinical team and taking students/shadows.
- A minimum commitment of 3 days per week.
Not sure if you’re considered an “experienced physio”? Reach out and we can chat further; we have a pathway to our senior physio role that may be perfect for you!
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation with room for financial growth
$110k-125k for senior physio
$90-110k for junior physio
(based on full time and 80% utilization)
- We are a well-established clinic with a broad referral source, so no need to build your own caseload
- Education allowance and opportunities for additional funded leadership training and workshops
- Opportunities to take on additional clinical roles and diversify your skill set in areas that interest you
- Clinical team management
- Community engagement
- Service development
- Knowledge translation
- Private treatment rooms and communal gym space with Pilates and strength training equipment (Reformer, Cadillac, squat rack, kettlebells, etc)
- Exceptionally skilled and supportive Admin team
- A tight-knit, collaborative Clinical team
- Ongoing support from the Leadership Team
- Weekly team inservices
If you’d like to learn more please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out @the.cheerful.pelvis on Instagram for an inside look, and here’s what some of our staff have to say;
“I have always loved my clinical role, but I found myself fatiguing of clinical care. I also felt that the learning opportunities I was exposed to mainly improved my clinical skill set, but I was craving opportunities to expand my skill set in other areas. Before TCP I took on a lot of unpaid volunteer projects that made me excited again about my clinical work, but left me overstretched and exhausted. Joining TCP and taking on a Senior Physiotherapist role brought a better work/play balance into my life; it allowed me to continue to treat clinically and at the same time push my comfort zone and upskill in other areas (leadership, mentorship, education, management), all within the boundaries of my job role. The senior physio role at our clinic is a unique opportunity to discover untapped strengths and build those skills, without having to abandon clinical care.”
“Exactly the team dynamic that I have been looking for for years. Feels like we are learning and growing from one another. I feel supported and like I am part of a “whole” while still feeling like I have autonomy to do my thing.”