National Physiotherapist Assistant Assembly (NPAA)
We advocate for physiotherapist assistants & students through initiatives to promote our profession. For example, we network with our respective branches & divisions in CPA, schools offering PTA programs, raise the profile of PTAs within our own communities, and are passionate to source out continuing education. We also promote the role of CPA in the development and advancement of Physiotherapist Assistants and Physiotherapist Assistants students.
For you and your colleagues to:
- Teach Canadians how physiotherapy can help them.
- To learn about your profession by becoming involved CPA, its Divisions and Branches to learn about your profession.
Want to know the benefits of NPAA membership? Click here to find out!
Did you know PTA Students receive free membership?
The National Physiotherapist Assistant Assembly (NPAA) represents the unique interests and needs of practising and student physiotherapist assistants in Canada, and is actively engaged in the growth and advancement of their roles in the physiotherapy profession.
- We elect our own volunteer leaders to showcase our position in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) and to the physiotherapy profession community.
- Enhances communication amongst Physiotherapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant students.
- Members benefit from the networking, professional development and ability to have a direct voice in shaping the future of physiotherapist assistants in Canada.
- Encourages student involvement and leadership opportunities within the CPA and our profession.
- We communicate with schools throughout the year offering physiotherapist assistant programs, and to enhance our skills by sourcing continuing education for our colleagues from coast to coast.
- Regularly update our members through newsletters and social media to keep them abreast with developments and highlights.
- Endeavor to be the "go-to" place for news about our career!
CPA membership is held in high regard within the profession. We listen to our members and aim high while we work together to enhance the health of Canadians.
We encourage you to participate in the Assembly via our social media:
Thinking about becoming a Council Representative?
The National Physiotherapist Assistant Assembly (NPAA) of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association is currently recruiting members to join its Administrative Council.
Are you interested in advocating for your profession?
Do you enjoy teamwork and committee involvement?
Are you an eager student physiotherapist assistant or already in your PTA career?
Would you like to become more involved in your physiotherapist assistant profession in Canada?
Alberta & NWT, Representative
Saskatchewan, Manitoba & Nunavut, Representative
Ontario, Student Representative
Atlantic Canada, Student Representative
Read here to learn more!
If you are interested in becoming a Council Representative please contact the current NPAA President Amy Stacey email@example.com, or Marsha Bisson (Components Coordinator, Division and Assemblies) at the CPA National Office: firstname.lastname@example.org