On Wednesday, May 8, 2019 CPA is celebrating PTA Day.
We want to thank Physiotherapist Assistants (PTAs) for what they do and continue to share information about how PTAs can help.
PTA Day Social Media Contest
As part of PTA Day, the National Physiotherapy Assistant Assembly (NPAA) has created a social media contest, where all submissions must be completed by Friday, May 10, 2019.
Winners will receive the following:
FREE CPA Membership for One Year
FREE CPA Membership for One Year upon Graduation
(instead of the current 50% discount)
"Being a PTA for the last four years has been an enormously rewarding experience. I have worked with some incredible patients and colleagues, and being in a position that allows me to witness the strength and perseverance of those who are facing a significant health event is inspiring. I feel privileged to be a part of a patient's journey and I love utilizing the skills I have gained to help them achieve their goals. Whether it's teaching someone how to transfer safely while maintaining sternal precautions after heart surgery, or helping a patient stand for the first time in the ICU, my passion for being a PTA never changes. Being part of a diverse interdisciplinary team has shaped me into a better clinician, as I love to learn from other's experience and insight on how I can help patients during their hospital stay. I am very excited to continue my path as a PTA, and I look forward to continuing to contribute to and advocate for the OTA/PTA profession in the future."
- Caity Heath, Physiotherapist Assistant, St. Michael's Hospital, Toronto, Cardiovascular Surgery and Medical-Surgical Intensive Care Unit
Ideas for how you can say Thank You!
- Send the PTA that you work with a Thank You card (Try this one or this one)
- Pick one of these ways to celebrate the contributions of your PTA:
- Bring them a cup of coffee/tea
- Create an Above and Beyond the Call of Duty (ABCD) Award
- When you hear a positive remark about someone, repeat it to that person as soon as possible (and let their boss know about it)
- Give a framed poem (poster or card) as a Thank You
- Use 3x5 cards to write "You are a great addition to the team because..." statements
- Give a puzzle as an award to a problem solver
- Host a breakfast or coffee break for PTA Day
- Treat them to lunch
- Bake a gift (cookies, etc.)
- Swap a task for the day (their choice)
3. Share your celebration: Snap a picture of your team in your Powered by Physio shirts and share how you are celebrating on May 8th! Use the #PTADay and #physiocanhelp so that we can celebrate with you and share your pictures.