On May 11th, 2018 CPA is celebrating PTA Day.
Basically, we want to thank Physiotherapist Assistants (PTAs) for what they do and continue to share information about how PTAs can help.
Ideas for how you can say Thank You!
- Send the PTA that you work with a Thank You card (Try this one or this one)
- Pick one of these ways to celebrate the contributions of your PTA:
- Bring them a cup of coffee/tea
- Create an Above and Beyond the Call of Duty (ABCD) Award
- When you hear a positive remark about someone, repeat it to that person as soon as possible (and let their boss know about it)
- Give a framed poem (poster or card) as a Thank You
- Use 3x5 cards to write "You are a great addition to the team because..." statements
- Give a puzzle as an award to a problem solver
- Host a breakfast or coffee break for PTA Day
- Treat them to lunch
- Bake a gift (cookies, etc.)
- Swap a task for the day (their choice)
3. Share your celebration: Snap a picture of your team in your Powered by Physio shirts and share how you are celebrating on May 11th! Use the #PTADay and #physiocanhelp so that we can celebrate with you and share your pictures.
Did you know? Resources and blogposts
Did you know that Physiotherapist Assistants in Canada work under the direction and supervision of a physiotherapist to provide care to clients of all ages and with a wide range of health conditions?
Did you know that PTAs can volunteer and advocate for PTAs through the National Physiotherapist Assistant Assembly of the CPA?
Did you know that working with a PTA will enhance how a PT can work?
Did you know that some employers have decided that all new hires must be dual-trained OTA/PTAs (now from accredited colleges)?
Did you know about this new model of care – designed to capitalize on enhanced use of physiotherapist assistants (PTAs) in order to provide more patient care at the bedside?
Did you know the best ways for PTA students to become marketable?
Check out how clinics across the country celebrated PTAs in previous years: